Join us and the Jurassic Coast Team for a fascinating introduction to our very own World Heritage Site. Why is the East Devon and Dorset coast as globally important as the Taj Mahal and Great Wall of China? And what can you see here that you can’t see anywhere else on earth?
Find out as Sam Scriven (Acting Earth Science Manager for the Jurassic Coast Team) leads us through 200 million years of earth history that begins with the ancient world of the dinosaurs, and continues through to the challenges and opportunities presented by this incredible coastline in the present day.
- Why is the Jurassic Coast a World Heritage Site?
- Geology – a walk through time
- Fossils – what you find where and why
- Landforms – sea stacks, arches and bays
- Managing the site and competing priorities
- Why does geological conservation matter and how does it compare to other types of natural conservation?
- Audience Q&A and ways to get involved
Refreshments (tea/coffee) will be provided.
This is a free event, however, booking is essential.
For further information and to book a place, please contact Ruth by phone or email:
Telephone: 01395 573162