Butterfly Conservation are holding a family-friendly event on Saturday 10th March at their Lankham Bottom Reserve near Cattistock in West Dorset.
Enjoy a tour of the reserve and take part in a butterfly survey before warming yourself by the bonfire to celebrate Butterfly Conservation’s 50th anniversary.
There will also be a tombola, cake stall and a bonfire (weather permitting).
This event is not suitable for very small children, but children are welcome if they are accompanied by an adult.
The site is steeply sloping in places and winter ground conditions will make it muddy, so please wear wellies or walking boots.
Register your attendance here.
Lankham Bottom Reserve, near Cattistock (Map Reference: ST 610 003 )
Saturday 10 March, 10:30am-3:00pm, Free, Book in advance
- The reserve lies on the west side of the A37 (the Dorchester and Yeovil Road) at the Staggs Folly junction
- Take the Cattistock Lane turning at this junction – the reserve entrances are 100m (bridleway) and 1/2 km (field and track gate) down on the left-hand side of the lane
- There is very limited parking along Cattistock Lane at the entrance gate for the bridleway, but a bit more space at the main gate
- This gateway for the Wessex Water pumping station track must be kept clear at all times
- There is no parking on site