The World’s Biggest Bite!
It was even longer than this bus!
Artist’s impression of a pliosaur
- This marine monster was up to 18m in length – that’s longer than the Jurassic Coast bus!
- This fearsome creature had the biggest bite of all time – big enough to swallow a human in one gulp!
- Its skull is a staggering 2.4m long – the length of an average car.
- Its jaws would have been powerful enough to break a small car in half! But cars weren’t around in those days – instead it used them to tear up fish, ammonites and other marine reptiles!
- This is one of the largest and best preserved fossils of its kind ever found, dating back around 155 million years.
- See this super-snapping set of jaws at Dorset County Museum.
View this entry in the database