There’s a monster out there somewhere…
- This tooth belongs to a carnivorous reptile that was probably the ancestor to the nasty, meat eating dinosaurs.
- Only a few such fossils have been found but this huge tooth, at 8cm long, tells us that there was a big carnivore out there – up to 3m in length.
- The prey of this animal was probably the rhynchosaur, a herbivorous reptile (another Fossil Favourite!).
- Fossils are very rare in the Triassic rocks of East Devon but when they are found, they are extraordinary.
- Check out this terrifying tooth at Lyme Regis Museum.
View this entry in the database