taste* Café at Chesil Beach, between Weymouth & Portland - For a contemporary cafe with a lively buzz from breakfast to afternoon teas, we are an independent café that puts quality and service first.
There are a number of work areas on offer depending on the individual and what skills they have or would like to develop. The person in this role needs to be flexible, friendly and approachable. It is mainly a customer facing role and would suit someone interested in working with the public, especially in the catering industry.
Click the button below and we'll send your details to the right person.
Eating out in Portland, Dorset - inside taste* the extensive menu demands that taste* buys the finest produce from local suppliers. The café serves everything from the essential breakfast, leisurely brunch or business lunch or just an overdue get together. The menu uses seasonal produce and always boasts an exciting specials board.
The kitchen, run by Head Chef, Sarah Male and overseen by award-winning chef/proprietor Todd Moffat caters for all specific needs. taste* also delivers buffet lunches to several companies in the surrounding Weymouth and Portland area.
The role will be adapted to suit the individual, but there are a number of work areas that the volunteer can get involved in:
- Greeting and seating customers when required.
- Presenting menu’s and once trained, taking drink and food orders.
- Serving food and drinks to customers all restaurant areas, inside and out.
- Clearing, tidying and cleaning restaurant tables and other restaurant areas.
- Completion of any daily cleaning tasks set by the manager.
- Helping out in kitchen area with washing up when required.
Person Profile Required
- Interest in customer service
- Ability to work and communicate effectively
- Warm and friendly manner
- Well-presented and polite
- Ability to own and follow-through on projects required and issues raised
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team