Clean beaches support a healthy environment on land and in the sea, create thriving places to live, work and visit, and contribute towards a vibrant economy.
We need volunteers to help us empower local people, businesses and communities to take action to reduce beach litter and improve bathing water quality, and to encourage people to get involved with the campaign.
Click the button below and we'll send your details to the right person.
There are a multitude of reasons why clean beaches are important to Dorset and East Devon. Not only do they support a healthy environment on land and in the sea, they also create thriving places to live, work and visit, which is why we have some of the best beaches in the UK and a vibrant economy.
Through our projects, community beach care groups and campaigns we look to engage everyone who uses the Dorset and East Devon coast, taking a shared approach to:
• Empower local people, businesses and communities to take action to reduce beach litter and improve bathing water quality
• Encourage people to get involved with the campaign, supporting projects that get people interested
• Educate about the impact of litter and water quality across all age groups
• Promote positive solutions and share our successes, results and research
Litter Free Coast and Sea are looking for a volunteer with the following responsibilities:
- helping to prepare for schools talks
- producing key stage resources
- researching and creating new inspiring activities
- deliver short sessions at assembly slots
- supervising activities in lessons
- providing information on Litter Free Coast and Sea
- helping liaise with schools
Person Profile Required
- interest in environmental issues
- ability to work and communicate effectively
- exhibit a professional attitude at all times
- well-presented and polite
- ability to own and follow-through on projects required and issues raised
- excellent organisational and time management skills
- enthusiasm for running activities at schools
- clean driving license and own car (mileage paid)