Customer service / front of house,
The Seaton Jurassic centre aims to engage thousands of people every year with the unique marine, coastal and geological heritage of the East Devon coast and to attract a range of new visitors to the town of Seaton. The Centre is operated by Devon Wildlife Services, a trading subsidiary of the wildlife charity, Devon Wildlife Trust. We are seeking a volunteer to help with reception, tourist information and retail.
Click the button below and we'll send your details to the right person.
You will part of the team which ensures that the entrance lobby becomes an Information Hub. Whether you have previous experience or not, the most important thing is that you are willing to have a go! Training will be provided.
* Welcoming visitors in a warm and friendly manner and managing flow into the exhibit
* Offering advice and guidance on the exhibit, providing information on our events and answering queries regarding Seaton Jurassic
* Cash handling and using an electronic till to process entry tickets and sell retail items in the shop
* Encouraging visitors to participate in the Gift Aid scheme
* Supporting the Tourist Information Centre services by answering queries about beach hut hire, car parking permits and offering local knowledge and information on the area
* Helping keep the lobby area tidy and welcoming
You will need to be friendly, welcoming and enjoy talking to people. We would like you to develop a good knowledge of local heritage and what Seaton Jurassic has to offer. We are also looking for you to be proactive and versatile as you may need to swap roles at busy times.