Customer service / front of house,
Highlands End Holiday Park is a 5 star Best of British Park just a 500 metre walk from the beach. It enjoys gorgeous panoramic clifftop views of Dorset’s Jurassic Coast. Open all year but the busiest time for experience is March – November.
Tourism students and graduates are offered the chance to volunteer in 10 different areas of the park to give them a broad experience of all aspects of a holiday park and the Tourism Industry. The roles are mainly customer facing and would suit someone planning to work in the tourism / Hospitality industry who needs to build their CV and experience. As this is a greater depth role, we require the volunteer to be available at least 16 hours a week.
Click the button below and we'll send your details to the right person.
Highlands End Holiday Park has pitches for touring caravans, motor-homes and tents and a wide range of accommodation including Caravan Holiday Homes, lodges, glamping pods, bungalows and apartments. The park is part of a larger group and has a Caravan Sales department who sell Holiday Homes across the parks including Highlands End.
In addition, there is a bar and restaurant seating over 400 customers inside and out, a soft play area, pitch & putt course and a leisure club with pool, sauna and steam room. The park also has surrounding farmland which is managed and footpaths opened up to guests. In 2019 they opened a nature trail.
Highlands End are committed to helping a tourism student or graduate develop their career by giving them the widest range of experiences.
The role will be adapted to suit the individual but there are a number of work areas that the volunteer will rotate around:
• Reception - meet and greet customers and general customer / information service
• Bookings – assist with customer enquiries, online processes and marketing
• Shop / Bakery - assist and serve customers in the shop, help replenish stock
• Bar and Restaurant work – day to day management, staffing, ordering and service
• Leisure Club – Health and safety, customer care, classes and Pool operations
• Marketing department - promote Highlands End using social media, mailshots and involvement in on and off park marketing.
• Accounts work – cashing up and shadowing the operation (sales and purchase ledger)
• Sales team – active sales, paperwork, marketing and stock presentation
• Maintenance and grounds team – experience range of jobs involved
• Support services – help with the necessary seasonal work – this team is more project based and Caravan Holiday Homes Sales Siting and Preparation.
Person Profile Required
• Studied or studying tourism
• Interest in customer service
• Ability to work and communicate effectively
• Warm and friendly manner
• Well-presented and polite
• Ability to own and follow-through on projects required and issues raised
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• Understanding of basic computer programs