Enjoy a 5-mile walk through the Undercliffs National Nature Reserve on Sunday 23 September 2018.
Join local fungi expert Dr David Allen to hunt for mushrooms in the wilds of the Undercliffs National Nature Reserve. We will explore the area below Pinhay including the secluded and remote Humble Glades, a series of open sheltered areas of grassland, and the surrounding woodland.
Meet at Pinhay House at 10:00am. Estimated 4 hours for the walk with an hour’s lunch break, finishing by 3:00pm.
Please note: This is a vigorous walk through a wilderness area with some steep steps and uneven ground. All participants must be in robust health and adequately prepared for the terrain. Any pre-existing medical conditions must be declared upon booking before commencing the walk.
All attendees must bring the following:
- Stout walking boots suitable for uneven terrain. Attendees without correct footwear will not be allowed to participate in the walk.
- Long sleeves and long trousers are recommended, to deter ticks which are found on the reserve and protect from close-lying thorny bushes, nettles and brambles.
- A packed lunch, lots of water and snacks
- Sunscreen and hat if the weather is warm
* Due to the popularity of our Undercliffs Walks, all tickets purchased are non-refundable. We will, however, attempt to re-sell your ticket should you decide to cancel, and will refund you (in whole or in part according to how many places we’ve re-sold) if successful.