Take an incredible journey through the rocks and landscape of the stunning Red Coast, reaching back 265 million years in time.
Published by the Jurassic Coast Trust, this newly updated guide explains the rocks and landscapes of the World Heritage Site from its western end at Exmouth to near Lyme Regis – a part of the coast dominated by red rocks and informally called the Red Coast.
- A gentle and enjoyable introduction to the rocks and scenery.
- A journey through 265 million years of earth history.
- Where to go and what to see, in detail.
- Building stones and useful minerals described.
- Explore the beauty of the coastline.
- Large full-colour geological map of the Red Coast.
Revised and reprinted in 2019. This new edition was generously supported by Exmouth Town Council, Budleigh Salterton Town Council, Sidmouth Town Council and Seaton Town Council as well as Devon County Council. Proceeds from the sale of this book go to the Jurassic Coast Trust and their work to protect and promote the World Heritage Site.