Do you want to have fun and stay fit on the Jurassic Coast, whilst helping to look after it? If the answer is yes, then you could be one of our select group of Jurassic Coast Trust superstar runners at Run Jurassic 2020!
Based at Freshwater Beach Holiday Park, right on the beautiful Jurassic Coast in west Dorset, Run Jurassic takes place on the weekend of 26 – 27 September 2020. It will be a family-friendly festival of fun, activities, and most importantly, running!
You can join Run Jurassic 2020 as one of the Jurassic Coast Trust’s superstar fundraisers! Put down a £20 deposit through our shop to book your place.
Whilst we will shortly be entering mince pie and mulled wine season, we are nonetheless thrilled to announce the release of places for Run Jurassic 2020!This roarsome event will take place once again at Freshwater Beach Holiday Park in west Dorset – right on the Jurassic Coast – on the weekend of 26-27 September 2020, organised by the brilliant White Star Running.You can register as a Jurassic Coast Trust fundraiser on any of the distances for just £20: https://jurassiccoast.org/shop/run-jurassic-2020-jurassic-coast-trust-fundraising-place/Challenge yourself, get fit, and help to look after our incredible coastline!Check out this fab video from 404 Productions of 2019's Run Jurassic event.
Posted by Jurassic Coast Trust on Friday, 29 November 2019
Run Jurassic 2020
Organised by Dorset’s renowned White Star Running, Run Jurassic 2020 will feature the following:
- Ultra Marathon
- Half Marathon
- 10K Race
- Kids’ Race
As one of our official Jurassic Coast Trust fundraisers, not only will you get to compete in this brilliant running event, but with each step you take (no matter how fast or slow!) you’ll be doing your bit to help preserve our coastline for future generations!
Here’s how it works:
1. The Jurassic Coast Trust are asking our fundraisers to raise £220 each. You can do this by setting up a JustGiving page (see instructions below for how to set this up) and asking your friends, family, colleagues, next door neighbour, or anyone else to sponsor you! Maybe you’ve always wanted to run, or to run further than you ever have before, and have been waiting for the right opportunity? Well this could be it! What better inspiration to accompany you in your outdoor efforts than our glorious World Heritage Site?!
2. To register as an official Jurassic Coast Trust Run Jurassic fundraiser, we ask that you put down a £20 deposit via our shop. This is to cover the cost of your awesome Run Jurassic pack! You will be refunded this once you’ve achieved your £220 fundraising target.
3. Once you’ve paid your deposit, we will send you out your pack – read on for all the details of what this contains – and give you a social media shout out! We’ll also send you a special code so you can register as a Run Jurassic runner with White Star.
4. You then have right up until 19 September 2020 to raise your £220 in fundraising. We will do our bit by “liking” your page and sharing your photos/stories wherever we can. Often people have inspirational stories when running charity runs, so we want to hear yours and celebrate our mutual love of the Jurassic Coast! If you can’t make your fundraising target in time don’t worry, just raise as much as you can!
5. Now the hard bit is out of the way, here comes the easy bit – running! Don your Run Jurassic running vest with pride, and join the other legends fundraising to help look after England’s only natural World Heritage Site. We’ll be sure to give you an extra helping of jelly babies and hearty encouraging cheers en route!
6. Once you’ve completed your race (in record time of course!) we will claim your fundraising contributions from JustGiving, and will give you a very special thank you pack including certificate and recognition as one of our first batch of Run Jurassic superstars. We plan to make this an annual event celebrating the Jurassic Coast, so you’ll be a part of history!
By fundraising for us, not only will you receive the satisfaction of knowing you’re helping to look after the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, as well as receiving your very own special JCT fundraisers’ pack, but you’ll get to enjoy all the festivities of the Run Jurassic event, before and after your race.
Here’s a selection of what we have planned for the weekend:
- Beach school activities for kids
- Fun fossil and dino-themed talks throughout the weekend from our expert Ambassadors – perfect for dino fans of all ages!
- Guided walks for non-runners from Freshwater Beach
- Arts and crafts
- Live music and entertainment on Saturday evening
Run Jurassic promises to be the most exciting thing to hit the Jurassic Coast in at least 65 million years, so don’t miss out!
For more information about the event and about White Star Running, visit their Run Jurassic website.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you to Run Jurassic 2020!
Your Run Jurassic Pack
Special Run Jurassic t-shirt
Ammonite pin badge
A personalised Thank You card from our Jurassic Coast Trust team
A very special Jurassic Coast Trust-endorsed medal upon completion of your race
JustGiving page instructions
Go to justgiving.com
Create an account
Select “Start Fundraising”, then “Fundraising for a Charity”, then search for “Jurassic Coast Trust”. We’re listed under the Charities sub-heading.
Select “Taking Part in an Event”, then select “Run Jurassic 2020” as the event
Set up your fundraising page, with your fundraising target set to £220
Add a profile pic to your account and a little bit about which race you’re entering, and why you’re fundraising for the Jurassic Coast Trust. Check our website if you’d like to know more About Us.
Copy your fundraising page’s URL and SHARE SHARE SHARE! We will give you a social media shout-out and encourage people to help you reach your fundraising target by 19 September 2020.
Thinking about how you could raise your £220? Why not try one of these tried and tested fundraising methods?
Hold a Bake Sale – Dinosaur Cupcakes anyone?
Arrange a casual dress day at work
Hold a Raffle amongst your friends, family and colleagues
Set up a Run Jurassic “change jar” at your office, and encourage your colleagues to pop their loose change in it to help you reach your target!
Run a social media campaign – offer to sing or post a video wearing a silly hat when you hit each of your fundraising milestones!