We are expanding our team! Are you our next team member?!
We have a vacancy for an Earth Science Digital Content Creator
Full time- 35 hours per week
£25,000 per annum + benefits
These are exciting times at the Jurassic Coast Trust! We are expanding our team and are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Earth Scientist with a passion for creating innovative and engaging digital content to tell the stories inherent to the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, attracting a global and diverse audience.
This new role will enable the Trust to substantially grow our digital reach, taking new and existing audiences on an engagement journey which communicates the Trusts core messages around climate change, responsible tourism, Site conservation and Site accessibility; ultimately culminating in our audience becoming committed and devoted supporters of the Trust and the World Heritage Site.
This dynamic role requires the successful candidate to have an inherent understanding of the power of digital communication to connect with audiences; an earth scientist who has a sound understanding of the geology of the Jurassic Coast, and a personal commitment to the values of the World Heritage Site and the work delivered by the Jurassic Coast Trust.
You will be part of a small team of committed colleagues with different specialist skills. We offer a unique working environment, where you will be empowered in your daily work and have plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Your competences include:
- Production and presentation skills- developing and delivering digital science content to diverse audiences.
- Creativity and innovation- producing content which attracts meaningful engagement and building a diverse audience base.
- Analytical skill – the ability to understand and adapt to the performance of digital content and the outcomes it yields.
- Highly proficient with technology – to be at the leading edge of new media, production and strategies.
- A passion for continuing professional development- a positive and proactive in approach to work.
Degree level qualification in an Earth Science related subject.
Evidence of CPD in content creation and social media engagement
Want to know more?
Please see the full job description and person specification
For all other questions, please contact Lucy Culkin, Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com
Ready to apply?
Please send your CV and covering letter, including details of why you would be the best candidate for the role (no more than 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by 5pm on Thursday 29th April 2021.
Panel interviews will be held via Zoom w/c 10th May 2021.
Equal Opportunities at the Jurassic Coast Trust
JCT is committed to being a pro-active, equal opportunities employer.
We encourage all applicants who meet our essential criteria to apply and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We will take steps within our power, and within the resources which can be made available to meet this responsibility. In particular:
- Job advertisements which demonstrate our declaration that we aim to be an equal-opportunities employer;
- Records will be maintained as a means of monitoring our policy and as a means of identifying possible areas of inequality;
- Our policies will be regularly reviewed;
- Selection, recruitment, training and promotion practices and procedures will be reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits;
- All employees will be made fully aware of their responsibilities towards the promotion of this policy;
- All procedural documents (for example: grievance, discipline) will be reviewed to ensure compliance with the spirit and intention of the policy.
Find out more about the Jurassic Coast Trust.