Are you our next team member? We can’t wait to meet you…
Job Title: Sales & Events Assistant
Precis: The Jurassic Coast Trust is developing and expanding its range of retail products, as well as its programme of events for Winter 2021-22. We want to promote these products and events to as many individuals and outlets as possible across the Jurassic Coast’s 95 miles and beyond, and we need a friendly and pro-active Sales & Events Assistant to help make this happen.
Hours: 15 hours per week, flexible working hours, varying between home-working and office-based working at our office in Bridport. Short-term contract from September 2021-March 2022.
Salary: £10.50 per hour
- Calling and emailing retail outlets to ask if they’d like more stock of Jurassic Coast publications
- Identifying possible new retail outlets and sending them information about the JCT’s product range
- Liaising with JCT staff to track orders and ensure invoices are raised with outlets
- Posting out retail orders that have been placed through the JCT’s online shop
- Assisting the Trust’s Business Development Manager with planning the JCT’s winter events programme
- Managing the online ticketing and customer service element of the JCT’s winter events programme
We are looking for someone friendly and personable with a good sense of organisation. This role will involve systematically working through our retail outlets list and establishing rapport with contacts at our key outlets, so a good phone manner and ability to work in an organised fashion with excellent record-keeping skills is required. You will need to have a good understanding of Excel spreadhseets and Word.
Our team are all passionate about the Jurassic Coast, and we are looking for someone who also loves it, and wants to help us look after it through this role.
This role will alternate between being based at our well-situated office in Bridport and home-working. You’ll be working alongside our friendly team in a relaxed and welcoming environment with use of a landline phone (when office-based) and laptop to help you in your work.
We are looking for a short-term, part-time staff member with whom our team can establish a friendly rapport – this role will be essential to the success of our sales and events work.
How to apply:
Please write a short introductory letter with CV attached, outlining your experience in sales and event planning and why you would like this role to Guy Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st September at 12 Noon.
Interview (via Zoom) Thursday 23rd September
Candidates must be available immediately.
Equal Opportunities at the Jurassic Coast Trust
JCT is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We will take steps within our power, and within the resources which can be made available to meet this responsibility. In particular:
- Job advertisements which demonstrate our declaration that we aim to be an equal-opportunities employer;
- Records will be maintained as a means of monitoring our policy and as a means of identifying possible areas of inequality;
- Our policies will be regularly reviewed;
- Selection, recruitment, training and promotion practices and procedures will be reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits;
- All employees will be made fully aware of their responsibilities towards the promotion of this policy;
- All procedural documents (for example: grievance, discipline) will be reviewed to ensure compliance with the spirit and intention of the policy.