Come and join our team!
We have a vacancy for a Conservation Officer (Palaeontology)
Full time- 35 hours per week
£25,000 per annum + benefits
Would you like to use your expertise as a palaeontologist and earth scientist to protect and conserve England’s only Natural World Heritage Site, showcasing its Outstanding Universal Value to Local and Global audiences?
Join us at the Jurassic Coast Trust as our Conservation Officer with specific responsibility for Palaeontological projects. This new and exciting role will work alongside our team to provide support, expertise and advice to deliver our core conservation responsibilities for the World Heritage Site and lead the development of the Jurassic Coast Collection project through collaboration with museums, collectors, academic institutions and research facilities.
This is a dynamic role which will see you using your creativity to deliver innovative and engaging content and assets for digital and physical engagement of the fossils of the Jurassic Coast Trust and to further the reach of the Jurassic Coast Trust’s work to a global audience.
You will be part of a small team of committed colleagues with different specialist skills. We offer a unique working environment, where you will be empowered in your daily work and have plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Your competences include:
- Familiarity with the geodiversity of the Jurassic Coast;
- Knowledge of museum working practices and systems;
- Familiarity with the reasons the Jurassic Coast was inscribed as a World Heritage Site;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Experience of collaborative or partnership working;
- Experience of handling complex data sets;
- Experience of producing clear and concise reports;
- Full clean UK driving licence and access to a vehicle;
- Experience of complex project management.
Degree level qualification in a palaeontological subject relevant to the OUV of the Site.
Want to know more?
For all other questions, please contact Lucy Culkin, Chief Executive Officer at email@example.com
Ready to apply?
Please send your CV and covering letter, including details of why you would be the best candidate for the role (no more than 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by 12.00 noon on Friday 12th March 2021.
Panel interviews will be held via Zoom on Friday 26th March 2021.
Equal Opportunities at the Jurassic Coast Trust
JCT is committed to being a pro-active, equal opportunities employer.
We encourage all applicants who meet our essential criteria to apply and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We will take steps within our power, and within the resources which can be made available to meet this responsibility. In particular:
- Job advertisements which demonstrate our declaration that we aim to be an equal-opportunities employer;
- Records will be maintained as a means of monitoring our policy and as a means of identifying possible areas of inequality;
- Our policies will be regularly reviewed;
- Selection, recruitment, training and promotion practices and procedures will be reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits;
- All employees will be made fully aware of their responsibilities towards the promotion of this policy;
- All procedural documents (for example: grievance, discipline) will be reviewed to ensure compliance with the spirit and intention of the policy.
Find out more about the Jurassic Coast Trust.